Saturday, May 3, 2008

Skin cancer-YUCK!






For all of you who are wondering-this is what it looks like when you let skin cancer go too far. I have had a tiny little spot on my arm for about three years now. I got it frozen off about a year and a half ago but it came back. The spot has bugged me every day but I put off getting it looked at-not a good idea! I went this last Thursday to go get the spot taken out and it went from a little spot about the size of a pencil eraser to this. If skin cancer has been there for a while and you don't do anything about it, it spreads out and down beneath the skin. Moral of the story-get your skin checked!

6 comments:

KAZ said...

I am really glad that you got it taken care of and hopefully you won't have to have that done again.

Staci J said...

Holy cow Mindee!! I'm sorry you had to go through that. Doesn't it bite that we have to actually take care of ourselves now... I remember those days of baby oil and tanning:) I'm so glad you have a blog now!!! I miss you and your beautiful family. You're kids are gorgeous, we need more of em...

Gavin/Katie said...

Oh my gosh Min! That is a huge area they cut! I hope they got it all out! I love to see pictures of the kids, I can't believe how big they are getting. I miss them so much! I can't wait to see you guys again! I like seeing you guys too! :)

Lois said...

Thanks for the reminder! I remember it was a small spot - nuts! Glad it's been taken care of now!

Lisa said...

That is seriously CRAZY!! Glad you got it done now though!

CR said...

Mindee, be honest did Peter do that to you? :) He is crazy. I am glad that you had that taken care of, it is a pretty scary thing. By the way your kids are so dang cute. I would love to meet them one day.

and Peter Lee -I just can't believe my brother from a different mother has been found again. "Pete" how I miss our old times. Like the time we all went to see Christmas lights at Temple Square and as we walk in "DING", the lights go out. Our mission together..., and you running down the main street in Toronto with a mask over your face. :) I sure miss y'all. see our blog at tennesseethelins.blogspot.com I am going to cry..... We love you all

CR Thelin