Sunday, December 21, 2008

December

It has been a month since the last post and a lot has gone on. We finally got all moved into the house and two days after we moved we turned around and packed up for a fun vacation to Utah. We had a great time in Utah with family and friends as we celebrated Thanksgiving, my birthday, Ashlyn's birthday and my little nephew Jackson's birthday, not to mention the best day ever for shopping(the day after Thanksgiving) which me and my sister Katie had a blast doing, unfortunately we do not have many pictures of our vacation, but we are very thankful that we got to go. After vacation Ashlyn had her first Christmas program with her school, I know I am a little partial but the Kindergarteners were the highlight of the night. We have also wrote our letters to Santa. And just this last Friday the 19th we celebrated Ashlyn's 5th birthday with a party which included 15 five and six year olds(a little crazy but it went better than expected).

Ashlyn's Christmas Program


This is Ashlyn saying her part.
I made myself a snowball as perfect as can be,
I thought I'd keep it as a pet and let it sleep with me,
I made it some pajamas and a pillow for it's head
then last night it ran away,
but first it wet the bed.
After they said their poems they sang Let it snow and Jingle bell rock. Jingle Bell Rock was the hit of the night, they got to wear their Santa hats and put on their sunglasses and they danced as they sang. I have to admit I loved every minute of it.


Santa Letters
This is Peter and the kids writing their letters to Santa a couple of weeks ago. It was so cute, they were so excited. You can clearly tell by Ashlyn's pictures exactly what she wants, Ryker's however is a little harder to tell but I am sure that Santa still understands it. After we wrote the letters we burned them in the fire so that the smoke from the letters would burn up the chimney and travel to the North Pole so that Santa could read them.




Utah Birthday Celebration




Friday Dec. 19th-Happy Birthday Ashlyn!
We had quite the party for our 5 year old! We invited all 17 kids from her Kindergarten class and a few kids from our old ward. First we ate some pizza. Next we played a little game of horseshoes and played until everyone could win a prize and last we played pin the tail on the donkey. After that we opened presents, sang Happy Birthday, and ate some cake. Overall it was a great time and it couldn't have gone any better considering the amount of kids we had here. We were also lucky to have her teacher Ms. Shasta come celebrate with us-she was a real tropper and stayed the whole time. She was spoiled by her friends and we are so thankful for all our friends and family who helped us celebrate.
h

7 comments:

Connie said...

Ash it looks like you has so much fun at your horse party! Tell Mom I love the update, it is so fun! However the snow is really falling in Utah wish you could be here and we could go sledding. You did so well on your program you are so smart to memorize all of your parts. We really miss you and love you lots! Love Grandma Connie

Connie said...

Mindee I love the update it is so fun to see what Ashlyn and Ryker are up to. I think you are absolutely the best Mom to Ash and Rykie they are so blessed to have you. Love you MOM!

.:sommersclan:. said...

How fun. I am glad that you finally updated your blog. I am so glad that Ashlyn's party turned out okay, that is awesome that many kids showed up!!!! I love how she is giving you the peace sign in the one picture. We miss you guys a ton, but I am glad that you are finally settled in.

Staci J said...

Yay! So glad to see you back in action...I forgot that you guys were moving, that's always super crazy and busy. I can't believe Ashlyn is 5 already, she's so cute. Hope you guys have a safe and wonderful holiday season!

Jamie Bowers said...

So cute Mindy! Ashlyn is so grown up! I love the letters to Santa. So....way JEALOUS that you guys have a pool and you are probably kicking back getting a tan while we are suffering in this horrible SNOW!! UGH

Craig HOwe said...

That is such a cute idea to burn the letters so they get to Santa! I am glad you guys are getting all moved in. Sucks I know! Ashlyn is such a tom-boy judging from her letter to Santa :) Looks like she had such a fun birthday!

Unknown said...

Opps. that last comment was from me :) hehe. Not Craig